- Congratulations to our Year 12 students who graduated in style in the last week of term three connecting families and friends via live stream.
- Traditional celebration activities for Year 12 continued this year within COVID safe guidelines and maintained a positive mindset at the end of a difficult year.
Our Year 12 students have finished the end of term with a mix of celebration activities and formalities as they graduated from high school. The restrictions that we experienced this year prevented our families joining us at graduation, so the graduation event was live streamed home to family and friends. Throughout the disruptions that came this year as a result of COVID-19, Year 12 continued to move on, working individually, with each other and with the school to make the most of what could happen as we reinvented to find different ways to get into study and enjoy those important milestones that the final year of high school demands.
We are so proud of how our students travelled the uncertain times and the continued changes as they have done so in a mature, supportive and resilient way. The graduation brought that together with a very special graduation assembly and a COVID safe lunch that followed. What made it very special for our students was having families and friends connect via the live stream to watch the graduation, the speeches, video messages and multimedia presentations.
In the lead up to the end of term, Year 12 put together some safe activities that brought them closer together as a group and celebrated the life and times of Gymea. This included:
- A mini athletics carnival with a colour run.
- A dress up day swapping about school uniforms.
- The student versus teachers oz-tag match, doing so well and so close to beating the teachers.
- A Carnevale at school, a tradition started at Gymea some years ago, removing the concept of muck up days and turning it into a positive day of fun and celebration on the ovals at school.
Now ahead are the Higher School Certificate examinations that commence in October. Our Year 12 students are making the best of final questions and feedback from their teachers as they make their final preparation for these important examinations.
To Year 12, we are very proud of you all and wish you the very best in the upcoming Higher School Certificate examinations.