Congratulations to our Year 11 students who participated in the two Study Skills workshops on Tuesday 17th May. The workshops were run by “Elevate Education” and were focused on Acing your Exams and Time Management, and provided tips on developing good study and personal management skills to assist with performance and study . The presenter from Elevate spoke very highly of our students, their interest and fantastic contributions to the workshops.
Workshop 1: Ace your exams – critical exam skills that will allow them to excel in examinations. Students learned about:
- different types of work students can do in preparation for exams, and which are the most effective.
- how to identify what they are currently doing wrong in exams and practice papers and how to ensure these mistakes are not made in future exams.
- Allocating time
- Stress management, planning and how to tailor a succinct, focussed answer
Workshop 2: Time Management – critical skills required to manage time and use time effectively to get all their work and study done. Students learned about:
- developing a study routine that allows for all activities but still ensures academic productivity
- identifying the work that is going to get students the most marks across their final years .
- how to leverage study time across the year.
- Procrastination and how to get around it.
All of the students rated the program and presenter very highly, with 100% of them saying the time was well spent and they would recommend the workshops to others. We look forward to seeing results in future assessments and exams as the students implement the skills and tips they learned about.
Well done Year 11!