Planning for life after school is often called “transition planning”. Transition is the process of moving from one set of circumstances to another. You will be making transitions for the rest of your life. Making transitions is exciting, but can also be challenging.
People who plan their transitions well, with help where needed, are likely to have a better outcome than those who don’t. There are lots of decisions and preparations that all people have to make when planning for transition.
A Career and Transition plan has been designed for Year 12 students to assist them in their preparations about their education and in making informed decisions about their future pathways.
This is an opportunity to:
→ think about whom you are – your skills, abilities, values, interests
→ find out about the many options available
→ make effective education and career decisions that suit you
To assist in this process and ensure Year 12 students are prepared for a smooth transition into life after school. Various events have been organised.
- School visits and talk from various Universities (University of Sydney, UTS, University of Wollongong (UOW) and Macquarie University)
- Guest Speakers – ex-students
- Open Days and information evenings to Universities
- Transition planning one on one interview with Careers Adviser
- Workshops – scholarship writing
- A resource guide for students
Note: Year 12 Students Students can access careers information via Facebook –www.facebook.com/yr12careers2014.