On Friday, 6th March the students and their parents going on our “Centenary of Anzac Tour’ in April this year organised a number of fundraising activities to support the cost of the overseas excursion.
Golf Day Much planning and organisation went into the day to make it a huge success. The day began with a muster of students and parents who carried out specific jobs on the golf course to ensure the smooth running of the day. Golf players were treated with a goody bag, a BBQ lunch and of course, a round of golf. On course prizes were awarded for the following achievements: Closest to the hole, Best team and the longest drive.
Thank you to all of our sponsors who helped to make the day such a success. Our sponsors are listed below.
The day was followed by a dinner at the Kareela Golf Course function centre which was attended by 110 students with their family and friends. Mr Kerry Cattell from Cronulla RSL sub-branch was our keynote speaker who reminded the students about Australians who served in World War One and the significance of the tour on which they are about to embark. Entertainment was provided by Thomas Beaven , Danielle Papakostas, Zoe Fuller, Louise Press and the Year 10 and 11 Drama students.
European Tour Raffle
The raffle was drawn on 12th March. Congratulations to the following prize winners;
- 1st Prize: 7 Day Stay at “Sur Mer Apartments” Cronulla in a self-contained apartment for up to 4 people. Valued at $1700. Donated by the Skribins Family. Winner = “Ivan” from Oyster Bay
- 2nd Prize: Kitchenaid 10pce Porcelain non-stick Cookware set, 56 pce Stanley Rogers Cutlery Set, Royal Doulton Jug & 6 Tumbler set & Tramontina Churrasco 6pce Steak Knife Set. Valued at $1000. Donated by Peters of Kensington. Winner = V. Peters
- 3rd Prize: Starshots Photography Package including pre-shoot styling consultation, make-over & personalised styling for family of up to 6, one hour studio shoot plus one 20”x24” portrait. Valued at $945. Donated by Starshots Photography Caringbah. Winner = P. Vanderwoerd.
- 4th Prize: Dunlop Tour Elite Golf Club Set and bag complete with Maxfli HPC black Golf Buggy with tilt seat. Valued at $800. Donated by Drummond Golf. Winner = Ms. Dawkins from Gymea.
- 5th Prize: Time Square 160cm x 230cm Silver Rug. Valued at $599. Donated by Harvey Norman Flooring Penrith. Winner = R. Debski
- 6th Prize: Ipod Nano, Putt Planet Family Pass, AMF Bowling Family Pass. Valued at $280. Donated by The Brereton Family, Putt Planet Miranda & AMF Bowling Sylvania. Winner = F. Skribins.
- 7th Prize: Coffee Cruise for 2, $50 Petcircle voucher, 1 round of 18 holes at The Ridge Golf Course & Driving Range. Total valued at $195. Donated by Captain Cook Cruises, Petcircle on-line pet supplies & The Ridge Golf Course. Winner = N. Shearer.
A special Thank You
Thank you to all of the students and their families for the effort, dedication and time they have given to these events. In particular a big thank you to Fiona Skribins for organising the Golf day and to Lisa Harper for organising the raffle. A HUGE thank you to all of our sponsors who are listed below. The day would not have been such a success without your support.